Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Sunday 21 March 2010

Vandalism.





Vandalism is an illegal, anti-social activity that creates a negative impression of an area and contributes to people's fear of crime.
Vandalism can range from dropping a small piece of litter on the street through to arson and other obvious acts of vandalism.
Vandalism includes: graffiti, dumping of refuse, smashing of windows and bus shelters, abandoned vehicles, or interference with road signs http://www.newham.gov.uk/YourEnvironment/GraffitiAndVandalism/WhatIsVandalism.htm.
I can stand it when i see young people vandalising brand new bus stops or when they start writing things on bus windows. Things like name tags or something like “Katie love Jack forever and ever”
In my opinion i think that vandalism is wrong. Some people say that graffiti on walls is art but they don’t think about the people that have to clean it up or how much money it’s going to cost to remove the damage that they have done. If people love art that much and they love expressing their feeling then get an art book.

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/500012/environmental_enforcement/846/vandalism/1.

6 comments:

  1. I think that vandalism looks good and its just children way of doing art!! I think if some tell them not to do it would make them do it even more!! I like the design and the colours of the graffiti I can see why people hate it but i like it!! It brights up my day!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok if someone did that on ur door would it brigten up your day then. i thnk you only say that because t is not your Property and you’re not the one who has to clean it up but if it was you who had to clean it off your door you would not be very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya..I think I agree with Emma on this one, I think Graffiti is work Art at the moment...Yes I think it is a teenage thing, they will go one but why shouldn't children have the right to show how they feel exactly like children.....I feel yes it becomes vandalism to the extent of where they do it...walls I am fine but busses and someone else's property then it becomes illegal I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, i agree with you on this. You are absolutely correct. Why are people ruining areas with vandalism,this sought of behaviour is unacceptable and indeed wrong!
    People should think before they vandalise! I personally am against this and do not think it is a form of Art in any circumstances. I agree some of the vandalism looks nice, however, not on walls! Just looks good on paper!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I have to say I agree with some of the points you made in this blog but others I may argue. I agree that when people graffiti on public buildings it can ultimately ruin the appeal of the building and cause a hassle for the people that have to clean them up. But I do think that graffiti has its place at times, like skate parks and when you are taking undergrounds and you see it as you fly by the walls. I also think that on street walls it can look quite nice, but that is usually agreed upon by the city in which is done. I think you've made a valid point but I hope you can see the art in some of the graffiti you do see.

    ReplyDelete